Integration between Advanced Roadmaps for Jira & ActivityTimeline is fairly easy & straightforward, yet it unlocks a tremendous amount of value for anyone that uses these two apps. By integrating Advanced Roadmaps & ActivityTimeline, you will be able to:
Load Shared Teams (now Jira Teams) from Advanced Roadmaps into ActivityTimeline
See changes in plans in both tools (i.e. 2-way sync between 2 plugins)
Allocated tasks & see the capacity of teams from Advanced Roadmaps in ActivityTimeline
Firstly, we need to make sure that we have shared teams set up in Advanced Roadmaps, so go to Plans→View Shared Teams
Double-check if you have all your teams created and properly configured
2. Once this is done, open ActivityTimeline Configuration→Jira Integration→from the dropdown choose “Start Date” & “Due Date”:
Don’t forget to refresh the tickets after you configured the fields
Note:sometimes, Advanced Roadmaps could be configured to use Target Start/End instead of Start/Due date, if that’s the case, choose them from the dropdown.
3. After this, go to ActivityTimeline 3rd Party Integrations → Choose Advanced Roadmaps Integration (or Jira Teams Integration):
Enter your Email & click on the “Create Token” link, this will redirect you to the page where you can create an Atlassian Token, which will work as a password for the integration. It’s recommended that the person who does this have Full Jira Administrator permissions.
Once created, copy the token and use it as a password on the previous page.
4. Great, you’re almost there! Click on the link to load your Advanced Roadmap/Jira teams:
5. Now, return to ActivityTimeline Configuration→Jira Integration.
Choose the name for the new Team field that will be added to your Jira Issue Screens. This will be used to assign tickets on a team level both in ActivityTimeline and in Advanced Roadmaps.
It’s better to name it “AT Team” or “ActivityTimeline Team”, rather than just “Team”
6. Lastly, we need to add this new field to Advanced Roadmaps, so go to Plans→Fields→Manage Custom Fields
Choose to add a new custom field and find AT Team field in the list:
Now you have fully integrated Advanced Roadmaps & ActivityTimeline, where any change in one app will result in the same change in the other one:
If you have any additional questions related to the following section, please don’t hesitate to contact our team at email@example.com.